Wednesday, September 1, 2010

BIKE SHOPS

Bike shops, bike shops, bike shops.... I've been in more than I can count. ALOT that I didn't want to ever go back in again, some where I never wanted to leave, and some that were just, hmmmm, OK..... Gotta say Talbots (even if they wouldn't hire me when I needed a job badly) is one of my favorite shops. Tony Toms bicycle oddysey up in Sausalito, Cupertino Bikes, truly great ones in the bay area. Some with great names, that I wouldn't go back in to... Garners. A shop that I 'almost' made it in to, in Massachuesetts, Sheldon Browns shop, Harris Cyclery (he wasn't even part owner of that, but you say Harris Cyclery, and Sheldon Brown is the person you think of.

Below are some pics of an old time bike shop......













Oh, didn't I mention.... as seen in that last photo, thos two guys working on bikes... The Wright Brothers.... Just goes to prove, bicycle mechanics make some of the most world altering discoveries and inventions :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment